WP7: Creating Shared Value
In WP7 the knowledge generated within the project will be implemented through interaction with stakeholders to create shared value. Their feedback on PrimeDSF and system shortcomings will feed the iterative development process of WP6. In a second step, other selected stakeholders will be trained in the use of PrimeDSS as peer educators. In the third step general stakeholders will be trained in the use of the toolbox in workshops and by social media and tutorial videos. These workshops will be organized around major trade shows and conferences to increase their reach and impact. In addition, the dissemination activities will consist of a pro-active presence in social media especially aimed at the five fish commodity segments. The social media also serves as a key role, both for communicating the outcome of the project, but no less as potential marketing tools that may influence European consumers’ choices.The outcome of this WP will be trained stakeholders, disseminated results and outcomes, ensured IPR and commercial exploitation of PrimeDSS (SO7).
The Work package Objectives are:
- To create shared value and promote the exchange of knowledge among project partners, Industry Reference Group(IRG) and other relevant stakeholders.
- To train fishermen, producers, decision-makers, educators and other potential actors in the use of PrimeDSS.
- To ensure adequate and wide dissemination for each specific target audiences.
- To facilitate the validation of the project outcomes.
Dissemination, exploitation and communication activities are key activities in PrimeFish. They are based on the principles of Responsible Research and Innovation/RRI and aim to maximise the project impact by:
- Identifying exploitable project outputs and knowledge to be protected (in accordance to the IPR principles outlined below)
- Disseminating newly generated knowledge to the ‘Blue Growth’ community
- Contributing to the European marine knowledge base by making knowledge and data generated by PrimeFish available for use and re-use (unless protected for IPR and patent reasons)
- Entering knowledge exchange and transfer by engaging in European and international knowledge platforms and networks related to PrimeFish topics
- Contributing to skills’ development of researchers and professionals by providing training and seminars as well as setting up and communicating skills catalogues for a future qualified workforce 6. Providing a knowledge base for policy makers in policy-relevant aspects of PrimeFish Summary of the communication plan outlined in WP7:
|Target Audience||How to reach them||Expected Results|
|Project partners and scientific summits||Open access files to present the project findings with PrimeFish image||PrimeFish presentation and poster in portable document format (*.pdf and *.ppt) for events|
|IRG||By visits and interviews, emails and telephone. Validation of output and as first users of innovation||Data to be used for the various WPs|
|Regional and European seafood stakeholders, mainly producers and distributors as well as the general public, policy-makers and NGOs.||Articles and interviews in the periodic PrimeFish newsletter and other independent media||Newsletter and publication in relevant magazines (e.g. EUROFISH) and newspapers|
|General public and industry, policy-makers, NGOs.||Summarizing the knowledge created and communicating PrimeFish activities in the Website, poster, flyers, fact pages, infographics.||To inform about PrimeFish goals, methodology, findings and main challenges.|
|General audience (mainly seafood consumers)||Communication via website, e-newsletter and infographics about major project findings||To announce the results of the meetings, advances in development, findings, etc. , including promotions of the seafood consumption (e.g. receipts, comics, etc.)|
|Facebook®: general audience and seafood consumers. LinkedIn®: professionals linked to the seafood market Twitter®; general audience, industry and policy-makers YouTube®; general audience, PrimeDSS users.||A community manager for the social media: Facebook®, LinkedIn®, Twitter®, YouTube®, focus on project findings, events and reminder advertising.||To create a community of knowledge and to communicate and ensure an adequate and wide scale dissemination|
|General audience||Infomercial wide available (e.g. website, social media, TV) that highlights the project goals and the main strategies to achieve them||To inform about PrimeFish project and how it strengthens the seafood market|
|General audience, industry, policy-makers and consumers||Project movie available at Social media, Website and TV (e.g. Euronews – FUTURIS) to promote and inform about the results of the project||To communicate major findings of the PrimeFish at mid-term of the project lifetime.|
|PrimeDSS users, general audience and peer educators||Webinars and and Quick-start tutorial videos (friendly and short videotutorials) available at the Learning Resources Centre of the website||Trained users in the implementation of the PrimeFish tools|
|General audience, industry, policy-makers and consumers||Project findings and connections with community of knowledge and dissemination through social media, institutional platforms (e.g. Cordis) and engagement with other projects related||Strategies to ensure an accurate dissemination beyond the project lifetime|